This is one of my favorite recipes. It's super easy to make and I can have it on the table in 30 minutes, but it tastes like so much more! This dish packs a ton of flavor! The ingredients are all items I consistently have on hand so it's definitely one of my go-to's. Best of all, it's one of the hubby's favorites. I never get a complaint out of him when I make this. We weren't starving tonight so I just served it with garlic bread but I usually round this meal out with a simple Italian salad.
1 1/2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup loosely packed parsley, finely chopped
1/8 tsp black pepper
2-3 strips of bacon, cut into small pieces
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
8 ounces dried spaghetti
1. Put large pot of water on stove to boil
2. In a large mixing bowl, crack egg. Beat lightly. Stir in grated cheese, parsley, and black pepper. Set aside.
3. In a large saute pan, fry bacon until browned over medium-high heat. Add garlic, cook about 30 seconds. Add wine, reduce by about half. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. When water comes to boil, salt water to liking and add spaghetti. Cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain well and add immediately to bowl with egg mixture. Toss to combine.
5. Add spaghetti mixture to saute pan and toss to combine with bacon/wine mixture. Garnish with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately (serves 2-3).
It's important to have all prep done before cooking the pasta. You want to move the pasta quickly from cooking to the egg mixture to make sure the hot pasta cooks the egg and then cooks a little bit more in the saute pan. I've made this more times than I can count and the hubby and I have never had a problem with it.