1 cup flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup dried cherries
1/3 cup diced macadamia nuts
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, whisk together.
2. Beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in another large mixing bowl with hand mixer until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
3. Add egg. Mix completely.
4. Add vanilla. Mix completely.
5. Add flour to butter mixture in 3 additions, mixing well.
6. Add milk a little a time until batter thins out.
7. Fold in chocolate chips, dried cherries, and macadamia nuts.
8. Place spoonfuls of dough on greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake in oven at 375 degrees about 8-10 minutes.
Here are my notes after tasting the cookies:
1. They aren't sweet enough. I also will want to make the batch bigger (this makes 24 cookies) so I think I am going to use 1 cup of butter, 3/4 cup white sugar, and 3/4 cup brown sugar. This goes without saying but this will change the proportions of everything else in the recipe.
2. They need more chocolate chips, more cherries, and more nuts! I think I am going to use 2 cups chocolate chips, 1 cup cherries, and 1 cup nuts.
3. The macadamia nuts don't have enough flavor. The next batch is getting pistachio's.
This is why I like to do test runs!