I've had butterscotch chips and toffee bits in my pantry for awhile, I am not even sure what I bought them for at this point. After doing some internet researching, I settled on Butterscotch Blondies.
They turned out to be the perfect late night snack. Very decadent and rich however, so definitely a once in a while treat. They satisfied my sweet tooth though!
9 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup toffee bits
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk together. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until pale and creamy (about 3 minutes). Add eggs and vanilla, mix until combined.
4. Add flour in 3 additions, scraping sides of bowl. Mix until well combined.
5. Fold in butterscotch chips and toffee bits.
6. Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared pan, spread evenly with a spatula. Bake 35-45 minutes. Blondies should be golden brown on top and toothpick inserted into cake should come out with a few crumbs but not wet. (I cooked mine 35 minutes, the toothpick came out with crumbs on it, and the cake was golden brown but I still feel it could have cooked a little longer. We here at the Jarrell household are ever fearful of over-baking, however.)
7. Let blondies cool in pan completely before cutting and removing.
8. Unbutton your skinny jeans and indulge :)