These muffins are "OMG!" good! I think that they are my new favorite muffin. This is funny to me, because I am not really a banana fan. When I was a kid, I had a really bad food allergy to citric acid (Vitamin C) that has lessened with time, thank goodness. Due to this food allergy, the only fruit my mom would let me eat as a child was bananas and I grew to loathe bananas. There is something about these muffins though, that is magic...
I found the recipe on, of course, Your Homebased Mom. I was going to just make banana bread muffins but I think the addition of chocolate chips just makes anything better, don't you?
You can find her recipe here. I've already had 2 for breakfast, I just couldn't help myself! It was a great way to start the day, in my opinion :)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sour cream
3 ripe bananas
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar and next 6 ingredients (through salt). Add in vanilla.
3. Add in flour and mix just until combined and moistened. Do not overmix.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Grease pan or line with paper liners. Fill cups 3/4 full.
5. Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing.