Yay! A different type of cookie!
I was so excited and so ready to make a different kind of cookie. Definitely had my fill of the chocolate, fruit, nut variety. And what's a better combination than graham crackers, ooey-gooey chocolate, and marshmallows?
Not a whole lot, my friends. Not a whole lot.
The base of these cookies reminds me of a chocolate chip cookie except there is a salty flavor from the graham cracker crumbs mixed in with the flour. I think my butter was a little too soft which resulted in my cookies having a more flat look, but it made for a chewy cookie. I've got several bags of Hershey's Kisses from Easter Sales, so I halved kisses and pushed them into the top of the cookie. The Hershey's Kisses get all...melty.
It makes me so happy :)
S'mores cookies. The next best thing from camping and the campfire variety.
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp white sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
Hershey's kisses, halved
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour through salt with a whisk.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar, 2-3 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add egg, mix completely. Add vanilla, mix completely.
4. In 2 separate additions, incorporate flour mixture. Mix completely. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. In rounded tablespoons, place dough on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Press a couple of Hershey's Kisses halves and a couple of mini marshmallows into the top of the cookie. Place cookies back in oven. Bake cookie for 3 more minutes or until cookies look just baked.
6. Remove from oven, let cool on pan 3 minutes, and remove to a cooling rack. Cool completely before storage.
|Adapted from Baked Perfection|