Saturday, March 31, 2012
Chocolate Chip Almond Mini-Muffins
It was muffin time again on Thursday!
I had just finished off the last Banana Blueberry Crumb Muffins that morning and I was looking for my next fix. The hubby was apparently very disappointed when he found out my muffins last week weren't Banana Chocolate Chip, so I gave him some chocolate chips this week.
I got a mini-muffin pan for Christmas last year and I had never used it, so I decided to break it in. These are so good, I'm going to try some mini-cupcakes next.
These plumped up so nicely in the pan. They have a very subtle almond flavor which pairs nicely with the chocolate chips. I'm loving the combination. But as I've said before, chocolate chips makes almost anything better :)
I will also note that the recipe was supposed to make 24 mini-muffins but I had enough batter for another 19. Don't worry, they won't go to waste around here!
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 egg
3/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup mini-chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix until batter is smooth.
3. Line a mini-muffin pan with mini paper liners. Fill cups about 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and cool completely before storage.