Friday, March 23, 2012
Banana Blueberry Crumb Muffins
Well, I had some bananas I bought last week, they were finally ripe, and I didn't know what I wanted to do with them. I really liked the banana chocolate chip muffins, but I wanted to make something different.
So I decided to change the banana chocolate chip recipe up and add a crumb topping. I'm happy to report it was a successful experiment. Not only do these taste amazing, but they smell amazing when they are baking.
I've never dealt with a crumb topping before but I think the crumb really takes this muffin over the top. These turned out so pretty, I just kept taking more pictures.
Just to let everyone know... I highly recommend these! They are light, fluffy, moist, and sooooo delicious.
I've already had 3 today :)
Ingredients (makes about 16 muffins):
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sour cream
3 ripe bananas
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup blueberries
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp butter, cold
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large mixing bowl, mix sugar through salt. Add in vanilla. Add in flour and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
3. To make topping, combine brown sugar through cinnamon. Cut in cold butter until it resembles coarse sand.
4. Line muffin pans with paper liners. Fill cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle topping over batter.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 3 minutes. Remove to cooling rack and cool completely for storage.
Muffins inspired by Your Homebased Mom
Topping inspired by Food Mayhem