Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer Pasta

I love pasta salad in the summer. Pasta pairs perfectly with all the fresh summer produce that is in season. Here are 2 of my favorite summertime pasta salads that make for healthy, delicious, and light summer dinners.

Orecchiete with Roasted Peppers, Spinach, and Tomatoes
Link to recipe:


This recipe is pretty good as is. The only changes I make are to broil the peppers for 10 minutes instead of 15. I find that the peppers just get too mushy if you broil them that long. It is also difficult to find Herbes de Provence here in Kentucky so I usually just throw some fresh basil in. I also subbed spinach for the arugula (just a preference).

Pasta Salad with Tuna, Olives, and Parsley
Link to recipe:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pasta-salad-with-tuna-olives-parsley-50400000114265/

This recipe is also good as is. I did throw in a yellow bell pepper because I had it and I subbed green olives for the black olives. I also omitted the red onion as the hubby will not eat raw onions. Delish!

2 comments:

  1. Who does not want summer? I think everyone of us wanted it because it is the right time for us going to the beach, wearing our favorite summer suit, relaxing and just plainly having fun with common friends and family.So while you still have it then make best memories. Visit my site below for for information. Thank you and have a pleasant day!

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your blog there's a lot to share. Keep it up.Visit my site too.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete