Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Snowy Saturday in Kentucky

We've gotten so much snow! We already had about 2 inches on the ground, and we got another 4 last night and over the course of today. I've never seen this much snow, except at Mt. Hood. The most we ever got when I was growing up was a couple of inches. And it inevitably melted the next day. The good news was school was always cancelled when I was growing up if there was what even appeared to be a centimeter of snow. So we at least had lots of snow days off from school. But there's a huge difference between being off from school with no snow, and being off from school with inches of snow to play with. The hubby and I had our own snow day today, and veritably acted like kids :)

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes...

This is what adults do on a snow day :)

#SnowmanSelfie

Our finished snowman.

And we ended up getting about another 2 inches after this!

Got snow?

I love a snowy landscape.

That's a lot of snow!

Haloti enjoys it, while...

This is as far as Gizmo wants to go!

My favorite evergreen in the backyard.

Hanging out on a snowy log... Doesn't everyone do that?

6 comments:

  1. I love the one of you with your arms up in the air! Enjoy the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Oh no! What a bummer! On the plus side, we tried to leave the house yesterday and had to turn around. At least you can probably leave your house :)

      Delete
  3. Love that snowman!! As a fellow Kentucky resident (Berea) I was so glad to finally see a winter wonderland this weekend. I love snow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband was just saying this winter has been more like the winters he experienced growing up here (as compared to the last couple of years).

      Delete