Ah, cookies. Simple in concept, extraordinarily delicious when done correctly.
My apologies to cookie addicts everywhere, and people still rolling with your healthy New Year's resolutions. Look away! Run away! Hide under a table if you have to!
I've been cooking and/or baking healthy
These monsters will really knock you off your diet. These smelled so good while they were baking that I was unable to resist a taste test after they came out of the oven. Now I'm sitting here, cookie in my tummy, a dopey grin on my face, realizing this cookie was totally worth it.
Sure, I had to knock chips and salsa off my "To-Eat" list today, but I think I can survive one day without em'. So grab a glass of milk, and settle down for a splurge :)
Ingredients (makes 18 cookies):
1/2 cup unsalted butter
6 tbsp granulated sugar
6 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
10-12 Oreo's, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray, and set aside.
2. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar, until pale and creamy (2-3 minutes). Add egg, mix well. Add vanilla mix well.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine flour through salt. Whisk together. Add dry ingredients to the wet, mix until combined.
4. Fold in crushed Oreo's.
5. Drop 2 tbsp of dough at a time on the cookie sheet, placing about 2 inches apart or 6 cookies to a cookie sheet.
6. Bake in preheated oven 8-10 minutes, or just until edges are golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes. Remove cookies to a cooling rack, cool completely before storage.
|Recipe source: Erica's Sweet Tooth|