Time for another breakfast for dinner!
Sausage was on sale this week, so I decided to make a couple of sausage dinners. I made Sausage, Pepper, and Mushroom Pizza, and this Sausage, Potato, and Pepper Hash. I've made this a couple of times previously, and this time I feel like I've finally got it down.
I roasted the potatoes previous to cooking, because I felt they didn't completely cook on the previous go-rounds. I also cooked the eggs a little bit longer, since the hubby commented they could cook a little bit longer last time.
Now that I've finally perfected this, it needs to be shared. It's sooooo good. I must also point out that it doesn't have to be cooked for dinner. It would be equally scrumptious for breakfast :)
You are going to need 1 large onion diced, 1 red bell pepper diced, 4-oz ground hot sausage, 3 large eggs, and some yummy, fragrant minced cilantro.
DON'T forget to coat your cookie sheet with cooking spray before roasting the potatoes, like I did.
DO pour yourself an ice-cold beer to forget your woes.
Crack your eggs into the pan, and cover.
The eggs will set up before your eyes, in 2-3 minutes.
Sprinkle the dish with some fresh cilantro once the eggs are set. Dig in, and enjoy!
2 tbsp olive oil
3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
3 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, diced
4-oz hot sausage
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 large eggs
1/4 cup cilantro, minced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add crushed garlic cloves to hot oil, saute 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Remove from heat, and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove garlic with a slotted spoon, and discard.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add diced potatoes and olive oil. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake in oven 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven, set aside.
4. In a large skilled, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions. Saute 5-7 minutes, or until tender. Add sausage and garlic, saute until sausage is browned. Add red pepper to pan. Saute 2-3 minutes. Add potatoes to pan.
5. Make 3 wells in the potato mixture. Crack eggs into the 3 wells. Cover pan, and cook 2-3 minutes, or until egg whites are set.
6. Uncover, and sprinkle dish with minced cilantro. Divide hash amount individual dishes, and sprinkle more cilantro on each dish. Serve immediately.
|Adapted from All You|