Yes, without my eyes. You see, I am blind as a bat. I wear contacts most of the time, but they get awfully uncomfortable at the end of the day, which is when I put on my glasses. My glasses are in the shop right now having new lenses put in the frames (while this was badly needed, there is never a good time for it). Whilst I usually watch a little TV before going to bed, this was impossible without my glasses. I could however, bring a magazine within a few centimeters of my face to read. Sexy, I know. Thank goodness the hubby was at work.
Anyhoo the point of all this was that one of the first articles I read posed the question,
"What's on Your Top 10 Comfort Food List?"
This, of course, got me thinking, "What is on my Top 10 Comfort Food List?". I think I have got it narrowed down.
1. Mom's Spaghetti- A couple of item's on this list are made by my parents. Food made by parents should be one of the many definitions of comfort food. It was always a good day when I was a child when I would return from school, and the house smelled like spaghetti sauce had been simmering all day.
2. Chicken Parmesan- I've had a love affair with this simple dish for quite some time. I'm making it tonight in fact.
3. Chocolate Chip Cookies- Nuff' said!
|The classic, Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies|
5. Chef's Special Chow Mein from Kin Tin in Corvallis, OR- If you haven't been to this restaurant, you wouldn't understand. This Chinese joint ruined all other Chinese food I have ever had, with this dish being over the top. Beef, chicken, BBQ pork, shrimp, mushrooms, bok choy, baby corn, water chestnuts, and chow mien noodles all tossed in a delightfully salty sauce. It's making my mouth water thinking about it. And it's 2700 miles away :(
6. Filet Mignon- Who doesn't love Filet Mignon? The melt-in-your-mouth goodness. One of my favorite places to get it is Morton's of Chicago. Hey, if you are going to go out, go out with a bang!
8. Buffalo Wings- This is no brainer. Anyone who knows me knows I go nuts for Buffalo Wings.
9. Clam Chowder- Such a comfort food. What could be better than a rich, creamy, hot soup sopped up with a crusty bread to comfort you?
10. Pulled Pork Tacos- Oh, how I love Pulled Pork Tacos. I could sing the praises of Pulled Pork Tacos all day. I could bury my face in Pulled Pork Tacos. Ok, that's probably taking it a little bit far.
|Pulled Pork Tacos|